POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Food for thought... : Re: Food for thought... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Food for thought...
From: Ken
Date: 8 Sep 1999 02:17:05
Message: <37D5FF03.138BDB56@pacbell.net>
Kevin Wampler wrote:

> True enough, it's quite a pity too, air is something I'd really prefer to take for
> granted

I have lived in Southern California most of my life where smog is a way of
life in the inland cities (most of my time fortunately has been near the
coast) and I can relate to that comment. One could say that you can take
it for granted that the air is mostly bad. I once rendered a scene looking
out my window north towards Los Angeles and got the colors and look of the
sky perfect. It looked so unbelievable I scraped the idea and went for an
ideal sky instead because I felt no one here would accept the sky I portrayed
as "real". It's sad that the sky I live under is so boring and unreal looking
that no one from elsewhere would find it interesting or believable to look
at in my 3D work.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: